Friday, October 28, 2016

Building relationships through exercise.

Have you heard about Crossfit? This is a type of work-out which combines weight lifting, cardiovascular work, and gymnastic movements in a period of time. The number of people who do Crossfit has been increased dramatically, which has made a large number of places to do this all around world. As someone who used to do this a lot, I want to say differences between Crossfit and typical exercises in social aspect. Before I started Crossfit I had been to the typical gym in South Korea. I enjoyed lifts, running on a treadmill and sauna, but after work-out there was only few chances to have a conversation with people around me in the gym. On the other hand, when I do Crossfit everyone warms-up, works out and cools down together. Furthermore, there were some events held over the weekend occasionally. Throughout these times I could get close to people around me in the Crossfit gym. Besides, two couples eventually became husband and wife in that gym. I went to those two couple’s weddings and I am still in contact with them and others who I met in the gym, whom I have a good relationship with. Briefly, think of it that you can make meaningful connections while you’re building your athletic performance.

Retrieved from : https://newsela.com/articles/crossfit-pe-class/id/23254/

4 comments:

  1. I like bodyweight exercises, and the idea of Crossfit, but it is far too expensive.
    I'm curious: what was the article about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so cool man! 你做的很棒,朋友。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Angela. Stay excellent mate!

      Delete
  3. The article was about the number of schools in Chicago which are offering Crossfit program is growing now. And then explain about what Crossfit is like overall concept of it. At the end of the article there are pros and cons of Crossfit for High-school students.

    Thank you teacher for commenting, I agree with you, it is, that's the reason why I don't do it anymore.
    And in thins blogging, I wanted to express positive social aspect of Crossfit.

    ReplyDelete