Wednesday, November 2, 2016

My first experiences with Halloween



 In Hungary we don't celebrate Halloween so it was a new thing for me.

We have a fall break at this time in October because we have a national holiday called 23 of October. It was a war in my country and we celebrate our "heroes". On the first of November we celebrate our family members who can not be with us anymore so we go to the graveyard bring some flowers and set on fire a candle.In Hungary this time of the year is kinda sad, but in the United States this Holiday is funny.

I went to Goodwill to find a cheap costume for my first Halloween, and I did find a nurse dress for only 4 dollar. I was so so so happy! I saw so many videos about the US Halloween, so I thought that I have to be scary because at this time of the year scary is funny, and cool. I can do a Special Effect make up, so the scary part was easy for me. I did my make up, and dressed up, and went to an International Halloween Party with my new friends. It was really funny. But it wasn't on the real date of Halloween so I did not see so many people in costume. It was awesome by the way. On 31th of October I did dress up as a nurse again, and went to ELI. So many people looked at me like a crazy person on the trolly, but somany cars were stopped and who drives the car said I look really awesome. I really enjoyed that day, and now I have a lot of candyyyy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You had an amazing costume! I hope you enjoy many Halloweens in the US.

    ReplyDelete