Wednesday, February 10, 2016

FORGIVENESS.....

When I was searching for Mahatma Gandhi’s quotes for my essay writing, I was struck by one of his quotes. It stuck in my mind, which is, “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” And I started wondering, why forgiveness is so hard for human being?
I think it’s directly related to the one’s Ego. It is not easy to give up Ego and move on. It needs big heart, courage, and strength. If we forgive someone, it doesn’t mean we are weak or we gave up. It means we respect our relationship more than our Ego, the other person is more important that our Ego. If we will put one step forward the other person will obviously support us and will put his one step ahead too and that will close the gap between us. But this one step is the one, which gives us trouble, which needs courage and strength. After that one-step everything becomes so easy and the world becomes a better place to live. 
I think that is why Mahatma Gandhi said that…..it is the attribute of the strong.....weak can never forgive…
So what do you think, who you are, weak or the strong?





2 comments:

  1. Very, very interesting blog post. To answer your question, I am generally a forgiving person, but there are some people I can never forgive. So, in those instances, according to Gandhi, I am weak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody is perfect in this world except God. If I would be you, I would have tried to use those incidents/ people as learning opportunities and have made them stepping stones to move forward.

    ReplyDelete