Monday, February 1, 2016

Lego's first disabled character will come out.

http://wwlp.com/2016/01/29/lego-unveils-first-character-in-a-wheelchair


Lego's first disabled character will come out.
 
At the Korean website, I read an article that lego made a first disabled character. So I found this article in American news website. This article said Lego made new character for their new Lego CITY set. And the new character has disability. This character is sitting in a wheelchair and wear a  hat. It looks so sweet. At first, it was just a social media campaign that asked the toy company to make various characters. Lego makes this campaign to be real. They reflect many people's thinking so they made first disabled character. I think it is a really good challenge. This news is spread out all over the world include Korea for positive way. It can change people's perception of disabled people. And also it can be a good advertisement of Lego. When I was in my Korean University, I learned about Corporate Social Responsibility. It is a sort of connection between corporate and peoople who use that company's product. More specifically, it is an activity that corporates do to satisfied consumers' expectation and reqirement about corporates' social duty. I think make new disabled figure is a kind of CSR. Anyway, it's good for either.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing!! After the Barbies....., Legos too.....It seems world is getting better every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why it took so long to create this kind of toy?

    ReplyDelete