Wednesday, January 27, 2016

German Coffeehouse


Well, Today, I was invited for International House to a German coffeehouse at Hodges Library – Mary E. Greer Room. It was very interesting, because I had the opportunity to have a conversation with some of German students, who are studying in UTK during this semester, and I could learn about their culture. For example, the sport that most of the people practice is soccer, he said “… like most of southern American countries, we also play soccer a lot.” About the weather, in winter it is colder than Tennessee. One of the most important holidays is Christmas, because they have also a lot of Catholic y Protestant people. Turkish is probably the second most spoken language. Finally, my last question was about if I have one week for visit Germany, which city do you recommend me to visit, they recommend me to visit Berlin, because this has a lot of museums, beautiful lakes, many clubs, and the biggest zoo in the world, which is named Berlin Zoological Garden.

Finally, I was convinced to travel Germany one time.



Wir sehen uns



3 comments:

  1. International Coffee House is every Wednesday. I'm glad you went! I really want to go to Germany too. It seems like a beautiful and cool country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting !!
    What's "Wir sehen uns" mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadiya. Thanks for reading and asking. I think it means "See you".

    ReplyDelete