Tuesday, January 26, 2016

adjusting in the new environment:

          

What's inside should be the outside, not like this
When I first came to the U.S.A., I was surprised to see everything was different or you can say, in some matters, opposite here. The measurement (miles, gallons, pounds, temperature etc.), the light buttons, even the side of the road, all were opposite from my country. But that was not it, even the people, how they express their feelings! They will say, “It’s ok” even though they are angry which can be seen on their facial expressions. Their facial expression reviles the different story, which confuses me because in my county, people use words to express how they feel, even sometimes in a bad way, which is not good, I understand.
But now I am used to it even thought I am not agree with it because I feel we need freedom to express our feelings. When we can’t express our feelings it leads to other behavioral problems. But yes of course we should use the right way and the right words to express it. And when we will find the good balance, every country will be the heaven!!  



4 comments:

  1. Body language differs in every culture. I don't know if we'll ever find balance. Maybe we should find understanding.

    BTW, how are light switches different in India?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree ! Body language differs in every culture which makes us unique! But the important thing is, our expression should match with how we feel. And current globalization makes me positive about finding a balance. :-)

      Here, if the button is up it's ON and down is OFF. It's opposite in India, up is OFF and down is ON.

      Delete
    2. Sometimes it is opposite here too, especially if two different buttons control the same light switch. I have two of those in my house!

      Delete
    3. We also have those kinds of buttons and I think those are the main culprit, why I am still confused with ON-OFF switches. You know what let's use it as a symbol for ".......finding a good balance......" :-)

      Delete