Monday, February 22, 2016

How has your thinking been affected by spending time with people from different cultures?


I’ve been in the U.S for 6 months. I meet many students from all over the world. And I faced many problems because of barrier of language and different of cultures. But I also met many good people. Spending time with them makes me cautious. For example, I met a lot of international students. Because of it, I have some perception of some countries. Some of them are good and some of them are bad. So I worried about how people think about me and Korea. And then this worry makes me careful when I do something or say something in other countries. I don’t want to people make negative perception of Koreans like I have negative awareness to some countries. And another change is interesting of other countries' cultures. Before I came here, I've never interested in other countries and even didn't try to understand different cultures with my cultures. I just thought other cultures that doesn't make sense to me are weird. But now, I meet a lot of people from different cultures as my classmates, I can consider their thinking and understand it. Therefore, through meet many various people, I learned how to think flexibly.

2 comments: