Tuesday, January 31, 2017

culture shock


I have been here in USA for 5 months. Most time I am fine, but sometimes I miss Germany so strongly that I do not expect. I miss German food that are always healthy and delicious. I cannot understand why Americans eat so many fast foods even without any vegetables! I miss the public transportation in Germany: I can take U-Bahn, S-Bahn, and Bus to go everywhere, but here in US, without car I can not go to anywhere. If my husband has no time to drive me, I can not come to class even. Yes, I know you want to say in big city you have good public transportation. I was in New York and Washington D.C. where does not have the elevator to subway from streets. How can I deal with the stroller jumping in stairs? Everyone is friendly and smile written on their face, but nobody helps me take my stroller to the subway carriage.  More crazy thing exists when seeing a doctor if you have not good insurance coverage, you could not afford even a little sick. Actually one-month salary is maybe not enough for your emergency visit if necessary. Oh, I think America is a very rich country! Why I am here so sad, I am hardworking, but still I feel a lot of pressure. i am so sorry, i talk about it... 😢😢maybe I have culture shock and am in rejection stage. I hope I love here more once I know USA more.

2 comments: